Inventors often get their start by taking things apart. With that in mind, we asked young folks at FIRST to draft a list of modern devices they’d like to dismantle and re-purpose into other products.
1) Turn a USB Webcam into a microscope
FIRST Robotics Competition Team 811 from Nashua, N.H.
2) Turn a printer into a paper shredder
FIRST Robotics Competition Team 1519 from Milford, N.H.
3) Turn your iPod into a bootable computer
FIRST Tech Challenge Team 311 from Williamston, S.C.
4) Turn your Nintendo NES into a DVD player
FIRST Tech Challenge Team 315 from Williamston, S.C.
5) Turn an old computer monitor into a fish tank
FIRST Tech Challenge Team 306 from Williamston, S.C.
Not a subscriber!? Click here now!